May 11, 2017
Meditation Oasis is a podcast produced by Mary and Richard
Maddox who have been composing meditation music for a very long
time. They now have apps that can help you sleep, practice walking
meditation and even teach you how to meditate.
Jenny Lawson as a new book that is one part inspiration, art
therapy and discovery.
If you're having suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide
Prevention Lifeline for immediate help: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Mental Health month from Mental
Health America. Their focus this year is on risky behaviors
that people tend to use to self medicate.
- Instagram has a special web page that focuses on Instagramers
and mental health concerns
- Actress Emma Stone speaking about what she would tell her younger
self about anxiety.
- MarketWatch article on what young adults are spending on
their mental health treatments.
- Meditation Oasis Podcast where there are dozens of
meditations to listen to and use as part of your treatment
- If you are looking for a specific meditation app such as
sleeping, walking mediation or affirmations Meditation Oasis has an
app page for Kindle, iOS and Android users.
- Jenny Lawson's inspirational book, doodle guide and art therapy
book You Are here; An Owner's Manual for Dangerous Minds. Publisher
is Flatiron Books, a division of Macmillan
- Vitaphone recording of Gracie Allen along with her life partner
George Burns in Lambchops.
Links to other sites are provided for information purposes only and
do not constitute endorsements.
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with
questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health
This blog and podcast is intended for informational and educational
purposes only. Nothing in this program is intended to be a
substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical
advice, diagnosis, or treatment.