Agoraphobia is an intense fear and anxiety of being in places where it is hard to escape, or where help might not be available. Let talk about it in the open.
- Peaceful Cuisine is a vegan cooking site but even if you are an omnivore you might find a meditative quality to the music and non-music meal assembly videos. You can also watch the videos on Ryoya's YouTube channel.
- The podcast Terrible, Thanks for Asking will take you on a journey. Sometimes from the darkness to the light and some times standing at the brink of survival.
- New York Times article on Kitty Dukakis experience with alcoholism, depression and her Electroconvulsive Therapy.
- Former Massachusetts governor Michael and Kitty Dukakis have a information website about ECT with a FAQ page for those that would like more information.
- Agoraphobia information at MedLinePlus
- Bullying connection to anxiety conditions via StopBullying.org
- Helpguide.org page on Phobias and Fears
- MedLine Plus page on Phobias
- Talkspace App for iPhone and iPad
- Talkspace App for Android
If you're having suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for immediate help: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health disorder.
This podcast is intended for informational and educational purposes only.
Nothing in this program is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.